- Policy prepared by: Ruth Gravelle
- Policy became operational on: 07/09/2017
- Reviewed on 10/02/20
- Next review date: 10/02/2021 or as required
rightmind.life aims to protect and respect your privacy and to comply with the Data Protection Act 1998, rightmind.life.
rightmind.life is the trading name used by Ruth Gravelle, currently working as a sole trader, and in association with other sole traders and companies. As such, rightmind.life, and independent associates, needs to gather, use and share certain information about individuals. It is understood, but not guaranteed, that associates of rightmind.life also have a suitable Data Protection Policy in place. However, clients are asked to clarify this for themselves, as rightmind.life does not take responsibility for associates or any other organisation.
rightmind.life processes personal information to enable the provision of the services provided. Services include advisory appointments, therapy, assessment, support and tuition, awareness, short courses and bespoke events. Rightmind.life also needs to keep personal to maintain it’s own accounts and records and to support and inform independent associates.
This policy applies to all personal data gathered by rightmind.life. Information is gathered by rightmind.life via the website, email, telephone, text, conversation, completion of paperwork or any other usual means.
This policy, together with the terms and conditions of any other documents referred to on it, sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you is kept or processed. Please read the following carefully to understand the views and practices regarding your personal data and how rightmind.life will treat it.
Information we may collect from you and how it is stored
rightmind.life may collect and process the following data about you:
- Personal details, family, lifestyle and social circumstances, goods and services, financial details, educational details, health information and employment details. This type of information is stored, and shared with relevant independant professionals electronically, or if paper-based, in a locked filing cabinet.
- We may also process sensitive classes of information that may include; physical or mental health details, racial or ethnic origin, religious or other beliefs of a similar nature
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence. This may be stored electronically on a mobile device and/or in a paper based diary or file
- rightmind.life may also ask you to complete surveys used for research purposes, or testimonials, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs, operating system, browser usage and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access
- whenever possible paper based information such as reports and session notes are stored in a locked filing cabinet, when not in use.
Where necessary or required we share information with:
- Family, associates, representatives of the person whose personal data we are processing
- Current, past and prospective employers
- Central government
- Service providers. For example, if you have completed personal data on a pre-assessment checklist, this data will be forwarded to the relevant assessor, teacher or therapist. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although rightmind.life will do their best to protect your personal data, the security of your data transmitted to and from our site cannot be guaranteed; any transmission is at your own risk. Once your information has been received, strict procedures try to prevent unauthorised access.
Links on our Website
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of associates, advertisers and other organisations or individuals. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note if/that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.